Spiced Carrot and Cheddar Dip
Serves 8 Active Time 10 min. Total Time 30 min.
2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into ½ inch slices
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp all spice
½ cup hot water
⅔ cup Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 garlic clove minced
1 (inch) piece ginger, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp capers, drained
¼ cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss carrots in a bowl with 3 tablespoons olive oil, honey, cumin, all spice and season with salt and pepper.
3. Layer carrots evenly on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
4. Transfer carrots to a food processor. Add water, cheese, garlic, ginger, capers, olives and cilantro. Pulse until the carrots are roughly chopped, scraping down the sides of the processor as necessary.
5. With processor running, drizzle in most of the extra- virgin olive oil, saving a few tablespoons for garnish. Season to taste with more salt.
6. Transfer dip to a serving bowl, drizzle with remaining olive oil, and serve with vegetables or crackers.